Friday, May 15, 2009

Public Parlance

Did it. Took out the wife beating joke, but i did it.....
Here's my 1st formal Speech masters speech........


Everyone has their outlet.
some exercise
some go to therapy
some cook delicious pies (*1)
Me, I blog

Blogging lets me voice my opinion without some asshole breaking in every other word.
Blogging gives me a chance to think about what I'm saying before i say it.
For instance, a conversation on the phone, at my home, or even at the end of the row about politics could lead to me saying this:
"Rush Limbaugh is a nut job idiot"
Now, that's fine, i got my point across. But, there was no meat. Nothing behind to back me up.
With a blog, i have a chance to think, construct, and articulately write something like:
"Rush Limbaugh likes to speak with propaganda in order to spread his own agenda which is apparently to create an army of small mindless clones that refuse to think for themselves."
maybe.

Blogging keeps my mind sharp. See, I'm from the MTV generation. the 1983 version with the moon man and construction paper cartoons. The generation that brought us ADD, Give it to me now, 30 second sound bite, where's the beef, yo quiero taco bell, video killed the radio star generation.... whaaaaaazzzzuuuuuuuup!
50 ways to make brain dry itself out was contained in that last sentence.
So, i have to keep my mind sharp. Be it writing, art, jewelry, puzzles. Or, starting every morning with a big ole glass of 11g! (*2)

Another thing, Blogging lets the reader know more about me. Be it, the hot girl from Idaho on myspace. or, the Virtual stranger on blogspot who happened to type in the wrong keyword one day. The blog my mom does not have the link to.
I have several personalities. My work personality, thanks guys for putting up with my, lets call them idiosyncrasies. My home personality, which is pretty much my work personality with a dog added in. And the thoughts in my head. you know, the ones that kept me out of the really good schools. Those i work out in blogs.

Blogging allows for some cyber interaction. I'm a tech fan. I yearn for the latest and greatest. I embrace whats new and exiting. Some people will say they miss the 'good ole days.' or John Wayne, that's when they really knew how to make movies. And, that's fine, but i believe that every year is the best year yet to come...
One day I dream of a world where i can compose my blog into a recorder that automatically translates my words into grammatically correct sentences, creates a 3-d hologram of me (a much more slender me, but me nonetheless) and allows the reader to mentally click a button and hear me speak 3 minutes about how much i love beer.
Then I will have time for therapy!


(1) the line i replaced the wife beating joke with
(2) a Dell term for our new line of servers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bow to you. There is no way anyone could have said it better. I could have said it wordier, with dangling participles maybe, and some f bombs, but never, ever better. Please tell me you got a standing ovation!!

Followers